Established in 1938, Nicholson Bass is a genuine third-generation family owned business.
The company started out as a letterpress printer and fancy boxmaker, producing packaging for clients including Rowntree Mackintosh and Cadbury’s, Dublin.
Within a few months of the business starting up World War II broke out, and production was halted due to the introduction of rationing of paper and printing materials. However,
winning a contract to manufacture paper fuel tanks for bomber aircraft for the Ministry of Aircraft Production kept the company trading until hostilities ended in 1945.
Since then Nicholson Bass has come a long way, including the seismic shift from letterpress to lithography in the mid 1960s.
In 1974 our factory was razed to the ground during a very troubled period in the history of Northern Ireland. We relocated to our present purpose-built factory in 1981.
Following a recent remodelling we have introduced continuous improvement practices and now offer complete solutions for the marketing, communications and business to business
industries. We are proud to add digital printing, packaging, fulfilment, warehousing, mailing and logistics to our traditional core business of lithographic printing.